Medical Vascular Sonographer PRN Altamonte Springs
About the job
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME, CREDENTIALS, REGISTRIES AND/OR DEGREE WITH APPLICATION
Diagnostic Medical and Vascular Sonographer - PRN AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
- Per Diem Days
- Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Ultrasound Manager.
- Reviews all images on ultrasound machine or Web and thoroughly fills out Ultrasound worksheet in a timely manner. Re-scans patient as requested by Radiologist.
- Completes exams in a timely manner. Properly and consistently evaluates patient prep status and schedules exam accordingly. Coordinates acceptable patient throughput in either an IP and/or OP setting keeping the department on schedule and maintaining desired productivity.
- Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at QC before releasing images to PACS for interpretation.
- Operates and maintains ultrasound equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. May transport pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area.
- Graduate of Ultrasound Program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- ARDMS credentials to include:
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer RDMS (AB) and
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer RDMS (OB/GYN) and
- Registered Vascular Technology RVT (VT)
- Graduate of Vascular Ultrasound Program (Preferred)
- Associate or Bachelors degree in healthcare-related field (Preferred)
- Breast Sonography knowledge (Preferred)
- Pediatric and Neuro Sonography knowledge (Preferred)
The Diagnostic Medical and Vascular Sonographer, under general supervision performs general Sonography and Vascular Sonography procedures in accordance with department protocols. Performs, at a technical level, a variety of ultrasound procedures on neonatal through geriatric patients. Assists physicians with interventional procedures. Selects practical applications and technical factors. Is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the department. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures.