Cardiovascular Invasive Lab Technologist II or Cath Lab RN Up To 5k Sign On and 1500k Relo Bonus FT Days
About the job
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Apopka
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealths core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Exhibits awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies.
- Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications. Performs within the bounds of the applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Interventional Technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput.
- Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based upon the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record and follows prescribed process for amending documents.
- Performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a diagnostic cardiac catheterization laboratory team based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice. Proficiently performs all cardiac and vascular procedures allowed in an AHCA Adult Inpatient Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization licensed facility. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes.
- Learns and upgrades skills. Supervises other healthcare team members in the clinical setting. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training and education of new personnel. Provides training for CV Invasive Lab Technologist Level I and II staff.
What You Will Need:
- Associate degree in Cardiovascular Technology, Nursing, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Therapy
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
Must possess and maintainoneof the following:
- Current valid State of Floridaor multi statelicense as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Radiologic Technologist [R.T.(R)]
- Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
- Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES)
- One year of Cardiovascular Lab experience
- Knowledge of advanced levels of EKG training and arrhythmia interpretation
- Knowledge of electrophysiology diagnostic procedures
- Knowledge of interventional radiology procedures
- Knowledge of peripheral diagnostic procedures
- Knowledge of peripheral intervention procedures
The Cardiovascular Interventional Technologist II performs a wide range of technical skills, which are utilized during a variety of Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology or Interventional Radiology procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. The Technologist is proficient in all aspects of angiography, preparation, assessment, documentation and monitoring consistent with the policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services department and Hospital Administration. Adheres to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.