Medical Technologist I - FT/Weekend Nights ($5,000 Sign-on Bonus)
About the job
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Medical Technologist I FT Days -AdventHealth Lake Wales
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Lake Wales
- A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted friendliest small town in FL
- Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
- The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
Work Hours/Shift:Full Time, Nights. Tuesday-Thursday 5PM - 5:30AM
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Test for patient specimens following laboratory and hospital policies and procedures. Understands specimen requirements and venipunctures techniques applicable to all age groups.
- Recognizes, reports, documents and seeks appropriate intervention for signs and symptoms of complication or significant change in patient status. Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results and takes appropriate action according to defined protocols.
- Follows established procedures for collecting and processing biological specimens.
- Evaluates and solves problems related to collection and processing of specimens for analysis.
- Performs laboratory procedures following established methods and protocols.
- Recognizes abnormal and critical laboratory results and follows protocols for notification of physician and/or supervisor.
- Prioritizes workload to ensure prompt analysis of specimens, particularly stat orders. Checks pending log at end of shift to ensure that testing is complete.
- Analyzes quality control materials, interprets data and takes appropriate action to maintain accuracy and precision. Assist with maintaining analyzers and equipment as per manufacturers guidelines.
- Answers inquiries about test results, methodology, specificity, and sensitivity; answers questions about specific factors that can influence test results.
- Helps evaluate new techniques and procedures in terms of method validation, method comparison and establishing reference values.
- Operates laboratory information system effectively to enter and retrieve patient data.
- Takes an active role in the laboratory education and training (in-service) program to maintain staff competency. Assists with orienting new employees as needed.
- Displays a cost-conscious attitude in regard to managing resources: checks supplies & dates time-sensitive reagents when received and opened/placed in service. Notifies Lead Tech when inventory is low.
- Participates in periodic department meetings and in-service programs when held. Attends all mandatory hospital and section safety, risk management, quality assurance, etc. meetings.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of quality control and quality assurance as they relate to Laboratory Medicine
- Exercise of independent judgment with minimum degree of supervision
- Work may involve testing procedures which require high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in licensed areas
- Other required abilities include entering and retrieving data from Laboratory Information System, excellent communication skills, interaction with the public and medical/nursing personnel, making decisions under pressure, handling multiple priorities, and managing stress.
- Earned Associates Degree in Medical Technology or closely related field or equivalent education and experience as defined by State of Florida. REFERENCE SECTION: 10D-41.25 or the Rules of the Department of Professional Regulation services, Chapter 10D-41: CLINICAL AND WATER TESTING LABORATORIES
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Hold current Florida Medical Technician license or be eligible to apply.
Collects and analyzes human clinical specimens using established, approved laboratory methods. Testing methods used may be waived, moderately complex or highly complex, as defined by CLIA 88. Performs and interprets quality control procedures to ensure high degree of accuracy and precision. Performs preventive maintenance and minor repair of complex analytical equipment. Interprets analytical data and correlates to patients clinical condition.