Registered Nurse Director of Orthopedic Surgical Services FT Days
About the job
Registered Professional Nurse AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address:601 East Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Full Time M-F - 40 hour week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordinates the continuity of care provided for departments in surgical services which may include but is not limited to; pre-testing, pre-op, operating room, PACU, Endoscopy, Pain Medicine and sterile processing.
- Keeps the organizations vision and values at the forefront of decision making and actions. Exercises leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently using effective written and verbal communication. Investigates complaints and/or non-compliance of polices. Collaborates with other departments and disciplines to provide continuity of patient care and promote teamwork.
- Provides collaborative leadership for consistent safety and service standards supporting the Patient Experience Model.
- Analyzes patient, physician, and employee satisfaction survey information and assists with the development of unit action plans.
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, employees, physicians and other department leaders.
- Promotes a safe environment: Supervises and initiates appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees, identifies environmental concerns by conducting routine unit rounds, communicating necessary precautions for the safe environment.
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manages financial resources to assure needed resources are available to care for the patient.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the budget for their defined area(s) of responsibility
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Minimum three years progressive management experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Masters degree in related field
- Minimum of five years experience in nursing with two years experience in leadership roles in a comparable health care entity
- Previous experience with handling more than 8 operating rooms
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred:
- National certification in nursing specialty
The Director of Surgical Services has comprehensive responsibility for directing activities for the surgical services department/s and service lines; accountable for supervising the clinical care for specific age groups as defined in scope of services. Responsible for environmental control, staffing, resource needs compliance of sterilization standards, and supply chain management. The Director of Surgical Services provides direction in the delivery of care through delegation and collaboration with all levels of leadership and direct care staff. The Director of Surgical Services works with cross functional leaders and medical staff leaders to meet the quality and fiscal goals of the organization. Develops, implements, and monitors performance indicators. Adheres and assures that staff adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
In addition, the Director of Nursing actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.