Clinical Nurse Specialist Outpatient Oncology FT Days
About the job
Location Address:901 North Lake Destiny Maitland,FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Full Time; M-F 8a-5p
- Supports complex patient care issues, identifies patients at risk for suboptimal outcomes and proposes a proactive plan of care. Coordinates and/or supports patient education programs and evaluates impact of patient education programs.
- Interprets and/or establishes practice standards, policy and procedures, standards of care, protocols, and critical pathways. Monitors practice standards and evaluates impact on patient care.
- Identifies problematic systems/ process issues, develops plans to improve, and monitors outcomes. Develops/implements process improvement and/or clinical best practice initiatives at the organizational and unit level.
- Acts as a change agent, evaluates environment for change-readiness, and develops and implements plans for change. Monitors change driven outcomes.
- Monitors and evaluates nursing practice. Identifies professional growth needs of the nursing staff. Implements and evaluates a plan to address nursing staff, growth, and development needs. Evaluates the impact of staff education on patient care.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Masters degree in clinical nursing specialty
- Three to five years experience in specialty (qualifying specialties outlined inFlorida State Board of Nursingdocumentation)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Past teaching experience in formal/informal settings
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current, valid State of Florida or multi state license as a registered professional nurse
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as aClinical Nurse Specialist
- Certification is required for Clinical Nurse Specialist serving the Diabetes and/or Oncology populations. For other populations, certification is preferred
- Directly or indirectly plans, implements, and evaluates patient and family specific care appropriate to the complexity of the problems and resources of the system
- Uses clinical inquiry to improve clinical practice and service outcomes
- Assesses and evaluates care delivery models; implements changes based on outcome data
- Develops education programs to improve patient outcomes and quality of care
- Supports the practice of nursing through presentations, publications, research and involvement in professional organizations
- Contributes within the institution to establish clinical best practice system processes
- Coordinates with multiple disciplines to solve system issues
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.