Assistant Nurse Manager Neuro Medical PCU 15k Sign on Bonus FT Nights
About the job
Assistant Nurse Manager -AdventHealth Orlando
The Neuro Medical Unit is a 40 bed PCU unit that specializes in neurological conditions including: Stroke, Epilepsy, Complex Migraines, Myasthenia Gravis, Multiple Sclerosis, Brain Tumors, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, and much more. Eight of those beds are equipped for continuous seizure monitoring through video EEG. The epilepsy team and our specially trained staff partner together to give the best care to these patients. We are the only center in central Florida designated as a Level 4 Epilepsy center.
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time Nights 7p-7a
*$15,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Lead the Employees Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and reports findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding:
- Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process.
- Performance Improvement- Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Critical Thinking Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM
- Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills
- Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates degreeorDiploma in Nursing
- Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)orMaster of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Prior management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Professional certification
The ANM is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager or Director in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The ANM is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The ANM assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of change that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.