Registered Nurse Clinical Educator Full Time Days Ocala
About the job
Registered Nurse Clinical Educator Full Time Days AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address:1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordinates / conducts General Orientation & Nursing Orientation
- Demonstrates knowledge of AHA guidelines.
- Maintains instructor certification as appropriate for BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Demonstrates ability to create and conduct educational offerings using different modalities that incorporate adult learning principles.
- Supports educational needs of inpatient departments
- Demonstrates knowledge of Local, State, and Federal education regulatory requirements and participates in activities that sustain readiness for regulatory survey.
- Preforms regulatory tracers and makes appropriate recommendations, Serves as an active member of the Care Enhancement Team
- Communicates effectively and provides educational support through active participation in council/committee activities. Attends designated meetings, Assists development teams to create deliverables.
- Performs activities and maintains files/records that comply with all local, state, and Federal regulatory requirements: American Heart Association, FL Department of Health, C.E. Broker, The Joint Commission, The Agency for Health Care Administration, APEX Impulse / Hemispheres, E.C.C.O.
- Coordinates house-wide in-service training for new products, equipment or processes.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and current guidelines from reputable sources into educational materials. Maintains consistency with organizational policy.
- Responds to educational requests and develops effective plan of action. Evaluates effectiveness and reeducates as appropriate.
What You Will Need:
- A bachelors degree in nursing.
- Effective working knowledge of Healthcare Informatics, Power-point, Excel, and Microsoft Word is required.
- Two to three years of acute care experience.
- Identifies the educational needs of associates, creates, coordinates and conducts educational offerings to meet these needs. Formulates educational strategies that contribute to or support the direct provision of quality patient care. Ensures compliance with Local, State, and Federal educational requirements, while maintaining valid and complete educational records.