Pharmacy Technician II AdventHealth for Children Orlando PT Days
About the job
Pharmacy Technician II - AdventHealth - Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealths core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Consistently assist the pharmacists in all inpatient functions as needed.
- Maintains accuracy in assisting pharmacists to ensure that all orders are processed, dispensed and delivered promptly. Correctly fills and accurately exchanges cassettes in a timely manner. Always obtains pharmacists verification before distribution of any medication. Always follows correct procedure for filling, recording and distributing pharmacy trays.
- Mixes sterile products as required, using aseptic technique under the laminar flow hood. Follows clean room guidelines and accurately prepares IV solutions and other sterile products including TPN. Cleans the laminar flow hood and work area thoroughly, wears appropriate attire and signs laminar flow hood log. Contacts patient care areas regarding unclear, expensive, short dated or problem IV medication orders. Provides documentation of attendance of at least one seminar on aseptic preparation of Parenteral products.
- Accurately performs various functions involved in Pharmacy Department. Prepacks oral solid/liquid medication into unit-dose packaging in accordance with procedures and guidelines. Maintains appropriate levels of control floor stock items and accurately replaces medications in Pyxis device. Carries out special projects or assignments as directed by supervisor.
What You Will Need:
- Starting January 1, 2011 must have 1500 hours work experience under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist or must have completed a Board of Pharmacy approved training program
- Be a graduate of a non-US college of pharmacy
- Must be registered with the State of Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician (after Jan 1, 2010)
- Be enrolled as a pharmacy technician student in a Board of Pharmacy approved training program. The technician student shall wear identification that indicates his or her status.
- Be a graduate of a non-US school of pharmacy possessing a valid Florida Pharmacy Intern registration
- Hospital pharmacy experience
The technician will be responsible for but not limited to the following: Assists the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medication. Prepares sterile products such as IV solutions, piggyback containers, irrigations, TPNs, prefilled syringes, reconstituting of medications under aseptic conditions. Keeps work area and equipment clean and neat. Performs various clerical and specialized duties. Helps in the training of pharmacy technician I and newly hired pharmacy technicians. Accurately refills Pyxis Med Station; accurately conducts inventory of Pyxis Med Station and accurately loads and unloads medications to/from Pyxis as directed by the Director or Supervisor. Assists IV pharmacist with recording and distribution of large and small volume IV solutions. Performs all necessary tasks related to front reception area. Performs all duties necessary to provide for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Serves the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adult, adolescent, and geriatric patients. Specific age groups are identified in the position responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.