Senior Contract Specialist - Research Administration - Orlando FT
About the job
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Senior Contract Specialist -AdventHealth - Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources. The Trickel Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style caf and quaint chapel. The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
Work Hours/Shift:Full Time, Monday Friday, 8:00am 5:00pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealths core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Orients, trains, and mentors new staff as well as contract specialists in areas related to contract drafting and negotiation.
- In coordination with the Manager Sponsored programs, Clinical Trial Agreements & Contracts manages efforts and workflow to achieve department goals and objectives, such as decreased activation times.
- Creates, reviews, revises, and negotiates simple and complex research-related contracts, including amendments, consistent with relevant clinical trials study documents (e.g. protocol, informed consent, budget, manuals, etc.), institutional policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Exercises independent judgement to provide guidance and interpretation of contract terms, federal, state, and local laws, and institutional policies and procedures internally and externally to resolve issues and to ensure compliance.
- Follows, develops, and updates established processes pre and post-execution to ensure metrics and tracking, compliance, document harmonization, and timely execution of contracts.
- Consults with stakeholders and partners to solve simple and complex problems related to research studies and applying knowledge of applicable regulations, institutional policies and procedures, and logistics and programmatic requirements of conducting research.
- Facilitates the execution of clinical trial agreements and/or related requests. Serves as a liaison with the Institutes, Research Operations and AdventHealth Legal department to ensure clinical trial and other agreements are processed timely.
- Interacts directly with all levels of management and staff to provide useful information, guidance, and integrity to contract negotiation, execution, and compliance.
- Assists in developing, enhancing, and communicating policies and procedures in research administration.
- Manages and/or assists with special projects in research administration processes, as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in legal studies, healthcare, business administration, finance, accounting, or research-related field OR paralegal certification
- Three (3) years experience in reviewing, writing, editing, and negotiating contracts
- preferably in an academic or medical setting
- Experience in research or contract administration
- Over three (3) years of reviewing, writing, editing, and negotiating contracts preferably in an academic or medical setting
- Experience in grant and/or clinical trial agreement administration and management in a research or medical setting.
The Senior Contract Specialist will play a vital role in support of research under the auspices of AdventHealth. The Senior Contract Specialist exercises objective and independent judgement in interpreting regulations and contract language, negotiating terms and conditions, managing contract compliance, and in making recommendations to departments and leadership The Senior Contract Specialist is knowledgeable in the area of clinical trial agreement contract negotiation, terms and conditions. The Senior Contract Specialist will be responsible for the review, negotiation, tracking, finalization and administrative management of contracts and agreements to support the mission of AdventHealth Research Institute. The Senior Contract Specialist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.