Infection Preventionist RN Registered Nurse AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North Full Time
About the job
Infection Preventionist RegisteredNurse (RN)AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
- AdventHealth Care Centers mission to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organizations mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be Greater as a Whole
You Will Be Responsible For:
Infection Preventionist will act as facilitator in the Infection Prevention and Control Sub-Committee as a part of the facilitys ongoing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QA/PI) processes and Quality Assessment & Assurance program toaccomplish the following:
- Assist in the development and implementation of written policies and procedures for the prevention and control of infectious or communicable diseases within the facility;
- Assist in the development and implementation of written policies and procedures for techniques and systems for identifying infections within the facility;
- Assist in the development and implementation of the content and scope of the employee health program and disseminating current information on health practices to employees;
- Identify and coordinate response to actual or potential outbreaks of communicable illness or condition s within the facility related to residents or staff, following established protocols and recognized industry standard of practice for continuous quality improvement, and make recommendations of changes if indicated
- The Infection Preventionist for the facility has the role of coordinating infection prevention and control duties and responsibilities.
- These duties and responsibilities may be in conjunction with other designated roles, depending on facility size and services.
- The duties and responsibilities are areas of accountability to the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee (QA&A). The Infection Preventionist will coordinate these tasks through the Infection Control Committee.
- Specific surveillance and reporting systems will be developed, implemented, and maintained through the facility Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) processes, and presented to the QA & A Committee monthly.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse or have obtained a temporary license in the State he/she will be working.
- Must have completed specialized training in infection prevention and control per federal regulations.
- Current enrollment in specialized training in infection prevention and control program may be considered with successful completion within 30 days of hire