Registered Nurse Thoracic Robotic OR Specialty Coordinator FT Days
About the job
Specialty Coordinator -AdventHealthOrlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealthOrlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time 5/8's or 4/10's
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs all aspects of clinical patient care. Assesses, interprets, and reports diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations.
- Serves in a leadership role in collaborating and coordinating patient care activities among the interdisciplinary patient care team. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care. Supervises other health care team members in the clinical setting.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, sales consultants, internal customers and management team with pertinent and ongoing communication.
- Responsible and accountable for participation in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Utilizes literature, research and evidence-based practice to improve patient care and nursing practice.
- Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost effective, quality focused environment. As applicable, ensures supplies and equipment are available as needed for patient care.
- Provides input for personnel performance evaluations. Recognizes staff needs for additional skills and recommends pertinent education. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Unit related experience is required for unit placement
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements- see attached life support requirements per unit
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (Preferred)
The RN Coordinator in addition to the responsibilities of a staff nurse is responsible for providing continuity of nursing care to surgical/procedural patients of all groups (may include neonate to geriatric). Assesses plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care. Functions in the role of team facilitator/specialty coordinator. Supervises other health care team members in the unit environment. Assists with orientation, training, and education of new personnel. Responsible for documentation of care and maintaining accurate records. Assists with maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients. Responsible for cost containment. Assists with Performance Improvement.