Art Therapist Mission and Ministry Orlando
About the job
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealths core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Uses a systematic application of art in a therapeutic environment to promote patient wellness, manage stress, express feelings, improve communication and promote coping with illness, injury, disability and hospital/healthcare experiences.
- Acts as a resource to team members, participates in team and professional meetings and gives input as to needs of patients, families and staff. Attends rounds as needed and assists the manager in program development.
- Conducts assessments and administers individual and group art therapy sessions. Communicates effectively with patients ranging in age and functioning. Adheres to the American Art Therapy Association scope of practice, competencies and applies the art therapy process in pediatric and adult sessions.
- Conducts effective research studies.
- Attends department meetings, functions, staff in-service and community presentations as assigned by manager.
What You Will Need:
- Masters degree in Art Therapy
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally in English; good grammatical skills.
- Proficiency in completing tasks using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, follow-through with projects and works well under pressure.
- Skills and knowledge to perform clinical/therapeutic assessments and supervision for groups and/or individuals.
- Experience as an art therapist in a medical and/or oncology setting.
- ATR (Registered Art Therapist); ATR-BC (Board-Certified Art Therapist); ATCS (Certified Supervisor) issued by the Art Therapy Credentials Board, Inc.
The Art Therapist Mission and Ministry organizes and implements an art therapy program that addresses the physical, spiritual, socio-emotional, physical and neurological/cognitive needs of patients and provides appropriate interventions to meet such needs. This position adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan, all rules and regulations of applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. The Art Therapist abides by all aspects of the department according to the philosophy, policies, procedures, and objectives of the hospital and units of responsibility. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.