Junior Scientist - Clinical - Translational Research Institute - Orlando FT
About the job
Junior Scientist - Clinical -Translational Research Institute - AdventHealth Orlando
301 E. Princeton St., Orlando, FL 32804
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealthOrlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time
- Leads the construction and submission of investigator initiated research protocols for external funding.
- Responsible for generating increasing research revenue from industry, government (National Institutes for Health (NIH), and pharmaceutical grants in the performance of research, to reach $250,000 in annual revenue.
- Leads protocol, consent and investigator brochure review.
- Actively participates in TRI committee meetings as requested.
- Ensures that all research performed under their direction is in compliance with all AdventHealth, TRI, local, state, and federal policies and procedures. Ensures that the protocols and grants that are written conform to the regulations that govern these areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- PhD in biomedical science field including, but not limited to, Biology, Chemistry, Exercise Science, Physiology, Pharmacodynamics
- 1-5 years experience in the clinical/translational research environment
- Established competency in research and the regulatory environment as evidenced by published research and peer-reviewed work
- Proven history of National Institutes for Health (NIH) and/or Pharmaceutical research in the areas of diabetes, metabolism, and the metabolic origins of cardiovascular disease
- Experience in an academic/teaching environment where career development of staff was evidenced
The Junior Scientist - TRI PhD will be responsible for leading research at the TRI and participating in the development of Industry/NIH/Pharmaceutical research that supports the TRI scientific research plan and for generating research revenue. The Junior Scientist will also be responsible for post-doctoral staff assisting with research and will provide guidance to other support staff in the performance of protocol specific tasks. The Junior Scientist - TRI PhD will ensure that all research performed under their direction is in compliance with all AdventHealth, TRI, local, state, and federal policies and procedures. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.