Emergency Short-Term Registered Nurse PRN All Shifts $55/hr
About the job
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living
- Minutes from beautiful beaches
PRN All Shifts
- Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patients health/situation and unit specific data for process improvement initiatives including: initial patient assessment within expected timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from database collection, identifies patient/family teaching and discharge planning needs.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine expected outcomes and plan of care
- The patients plan of care is developed, individualized and prioritized daily in collaboration with the patient, family and health team members that is sensitive to the patients cultural and spiritual needs and to attain expected outcomes.
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized
by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.