Registered Nurse Observation Unit Full-Time Nights 35K Bonus
About the job
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Full-Time/NightsYou Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention ofillness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorizedby the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory andperformance of any of the above acts.