Team Lead Registered Nurse Emergency Department Full Time Nights
About the job
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- AdventHealth TampaPepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements.
- Skills required for work in critical care area
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- 1 year experience as a Registered Nurse in Specialty Area
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelors degree in nursing.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Experience in a specialty area(s).
The Team Leader supervises, coordinates and performs patient care delivery on assigned nursing unit and meets Standards of Nursing Care for assigned shift. Is responsible for coordinating and planning assigned shift activities to ensure standards of patient care are met. Acts as a clinical resource and role model. Participates in conducting performance appraisals for personnel on assigned shift.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1.The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
2.The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.