Registered Nurse Cath Lab Full Time Days $15,000 Sign On Bonus
About the job
RN Cath Lab AdventHealth Carrollwood
Location Address:7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Up to $35K sign on bonus and relocation incentives
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospitals Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organizations Performance Excellence Program.
- Resolves customer service issues, treating all customers with courtesy. Communicates issues to Supervisor and Team Leader.
- Proficiently performs each position for the Invasive Cardiovascular procedures on all patient age groups.
- Provides Diagnostic and Intervention Invasive Cardiovascular procedures to all patients, regardless of sex, age or race. Provides patients with efficient and courteous care.
- Proficient on the proper use and operation of the specific imaging and monitoring equipment according to the department's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all staff, patients, families, and cardiology services administration.
- Demonstrates Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance Excellence, and Teamwork.
- Annually meets all department competencies.
- Efficient utilization of department supplies and resources.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions and discontinues use before the problem leads to a more costly repair.
- Time management skills resulting in cost reduction. Works to help maintain worked hours vs daily volumes balance.
- Accountable for quality and PI improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes.
- Is familiar and complies with appropriate JCAHO standards and directives.
- Wears TLD badge daily, reviews radiation exposure reports and uses radiation restrictive devices on all examinations. Follows ALARA.
- Follows patient identification/verification process prior to performing all patient exams/procedures.
- Follows Infection Control policies. Adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Assists with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required meetings and staff development programs.
- Supervises other health care team members in a clinical setting. Supports new physicians with orientation to the department.
RNS WORKING IN THE CATH LAB:
- Proficient with all cardiac diagnostic and interventional angiography procedures in scrub, circulate and monitor roles.
- Proficient with all venous and arterial peripheral intervention procedures in scrub, circulate and monitor roles.
- Becomes proficient on all new complex procedures at start of program.
- Competencies validated by company representatives.
- Provides education to nursing units at their staff meetings.
- Preceptor to co-workers.
- Obtain CEUs and organizes education in-services.
- Resource for one assigned Research Study.
- Monthly PI project.
What You Will Need:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Able to learn and comprehend the hemodynamic monitoring software.
- Able to quickly learn and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Experience with Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of the all anatomy including circulatory neuro systems.
- Responsible to maintain all required registries and licenses to perform all positions for Invasive Cardiology procedures.
- Able to operate and operate the x-ray equipment. Knowledge of placing service calls.
- Able to follow Basic Radiation Safety concepts of time, distance, and shielding to keep exposure levels ALARA for patients and staff.
- Able to learn and comprehend the scrub, record and circulate position and become independent on Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiovascular cases.
- Able to operate all equipment in various Invasive Cardiology labs.
- Assists in patient flow through the Invasive Cardiology areas.
- Assists in training new employees once becoming independent in each position.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- MAC Lab
- Temporary pacing
- Computer documentation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates Degree or higher in Nursing
- Understanding of hemodynamic monitoring
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Cardiac Cath Lab
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- NIHSS from Know Stroke (NIHSS from American Heart Association will be accepted upon hire, subsequent renewals must be completed through Know Stroke)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Invasive Cardiovascular Specialists perform cardiac catheterizations that create images for diagnosis. This procedure integrates scientific knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and useful diagnostic information. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialists require a high degree of knowledge in radiologic imaging as well as anatomy of the heart, circulatory and neuro system in a critical care environment. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist prepares for and assists the cardiologist in complex procedures involving advanced equipment to aide in diagnostic testing, interventions, and device implantation into the circulatory system under acute situations. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialists use multiple imaging modalities that include x-ray and ultrasound.