Registered Nurse ICU FT Nights $15K Sign On $5K Relocation available
About the job
Registered Nurse ICU
AdventHealth Waterman Tavares, Florida
Location Address:1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
- $12,000.00 Sign On Bonus $$5K Relocation available
- State of the art unit with "Pod" Structure
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
**Current employees do not qualify for Sign On Bonus or relocation
Work Hours/Shift - FT Nights
FT Day shift - 7am to 7pm or FT Night shift - 7pm to 7am
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Knowledgeable of all technical duties and responsibilities for the registered nurse in area of expertise.
- Participates in interdepartmental or hospital performance improvement activities.
- Hourly / Nurse Leader Rounds
- Equipment/Supply Utilization Monitoring for Safety
- Annual Clinical Competencies
- Collaborates with Medical Staff and ancillary departments to coordinate patient care.
- Ensures that staff manages and documents patient care according to guidelines.
- Collaborates with the clinical instructors in planning and evaluating nursing students clinical experience.
- Sets the tone for a productive, professional work environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists the Nurse Manager/Director in assuring staff is well informed on corporate, departmental, and unit plans, goals, and objectives.
- Coaching / Counseling
- Determines assignments and delegates nursing care activities
- Demonstrates effective problem resolution skills.
- New Hire Preceptor/Mentor
- Functions as a leader in the clinical role. Implements the nursing process to manage patient care problems of a complex and changing nature as demonstrated by documentation and observation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality measures that directly affect patient outcomes
- Facilitates discharge planning
- MPPID scanning
- IPOCs utilization
- Supervises less skilled nursing and healthcare personnel
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of a School of Nursing, Associates Degree or Diploma.
- 1 year RN experience Critical Care
- Must be fluent in English (read, verbal and written skills)
- Current Florida RN license or if New graduate, offer contingent on passing NCLEX
- Current AHA Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- Current AHA ACLS certification
- BSN or Bachelor in Healthcare related field preferred
- Current AHA ACLS at time of hire for ED, ICU, CVICU, PCU, OR, PACU, MED/SURG Observation Unit, Endoscopy, and Surgical Services, Pediatrics, Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept., Cardio DI, Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab
- Obtain AHA ACLS within 90 days of hire OB/GYN
- Current AHA NRP certification for Pediatrics, Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept.
- Current AHA PALS certification for ED, Pediatrics
- Obtain AHA PALS within 90 days of hire - Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept. and OB/GYN
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members. Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients during a designated time frame. The RN provides care consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of the facility and the Florida State Board of Nursing Practice Act.