Home Health Nurse
About the job
Home Health RN AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Home Health Nursing is the perfect fit for someone who wants to spend quality one on one time caring for their patients and educating patients and families. You will have the opportunity to see patients in their own homes and help them make changes that can have a huge impact on the quality of their lives.
A Home Health RN primarily sees patients in a specific area of town, our excellent compensation package includes time spent in the home, documentation and drive time plus mileage paid at the federal rate. Our home health agency prides itself on quality care of our patients and our staff.
If youre organized and self-motivated, Home Health is a great for RNs with kids in school, or those who love nursing and want to step away from 12 hour shifts in inpatient care. We can offer flexibility with shifts and minimal weekends; or for those who love working weekends to save on daycare expenses, we have those shifts available as well.
Location Address:9100 W. 74thStreet, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
$5000 Sign On Bonus available
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Eligible on Day One of Employment
- Coordinates the activities of health team members to provide comprehensive care and continuity of services.
- Punctual with returning pages and phone calls, with completing documentation, timeliness in arriving at meetings and for patient appointments.
- Respects each disciplines expertise. Evaluates patients need for other disciplines and makes appropriate Agency referrals.
- Respects authority by following the appropriate channels of communication in resolving problems and presenting information.
- Involves patient/family in the planning and implementation of care; prepares patient and/or family for changes in frequencies, transfer and/or discharge.
- Reports changes in the patients status to the team, such as hospitalization, discharges, and physician appointments.
- Completes and maintains clinical records in a timely manner and in accordance with the agencys policy.
- Notifies patients physician of pertinent changes and discharge plans.
- Demonstrates flexibility in accepting patient assignments.
- Communicates on a daily basis with supervisor and/or office, including communication of schedule changes.
- Attends orientation, in-services, and team and staff meetings, as scheduled.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of Shawnee Mission Medical Center and Shawnee Mission Home Health Care.
- Delegates and supervises appropriate patient care duties performed by LPNs, Home Health Aides, and students.
- Obtains physicians written prescription and approval for all treatment changes.
- Participates in home care Performance Improvement Plan.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients and other associates.
- Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of the contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
- Provides care according to established RN practices and standards of care.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with department practice, policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the OASIS Assessment, effectively communicating the results with the entire team, including the physician.
- Performs the OASIS follow-up assessments as needed and at recertification within the established timeframes.
- Develops and implements treatment using appropriate techniques within physicians prescription, obtaining approval for changes.
- Completes evaluation/progress/discharge notes in a timely fashion and within agency guidelines.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the physician and other referral sources.
- Reviews and revises plan of treatment, as indicated.
- Provides weekend and holiday coverage as assigned by the patient care supervisor.
- Offers to take on other responsibilities to help the entire Home Health Care Team.
- Participates in student supervision as indicated.
- Demonstrates the initiative to learn and applies new processes and procedures by attending in-services, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading profession journals.
- Provides educational in-services to the clinical staff after attendance at seminars/workshops.
- Discusses new cases with Patient Care Supervisor within 24 hours of admission and at least biweekly throughout the period of care.
- Communicates with team members for the effective creation and implementation of the plan of treatment.
- Participates actively in meetings.
- Participates in continuing education to keep practice current.
- Participates in Quarterly Chart Audits, as requested.
- Demonstrates cost-effective practices.
- Coordinates team efforts to meet patient care needs, avoiding duplication of services.
- Meets patients RN needs by providing appropriate number of RN visits for each patient.
- Reports any equipment or maintenance problems to Supervisor.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize workload in order to meet productivity standards.
- Complete initial documentation within 24 hours.
- Processes add-on orders within 24 hours.
- Follows frequency and duration outlined on initial orders/485.
- Completes documentation accurately the first time.
- Responsibly cares for tools/equipment issued by agency.
- Associates Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
Position-related experience includes:
- At least 2 years of experience in home health patient care.
- Ability to function independently, problem-solve, prioritize and make decisions.
- Good listening skills and ability to assess the needs of the home care team in an accepting manner.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in relating to associates and outside support personnel.
- Sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick with the ability to deal effectively in a hostile or emotional associate, patient or physician situation.
- Knowledge and competency to perform required documentation and patient care procedures as a Home Health Educator and to deal effectively with various demands of the job.
- Good computer skills and experience with Microsoft products helpful.
- Kansas Registered Nurse
- BCLS obtained from the American Heart Association Preferred
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience
This position is accountable for the planning and implementation of patient care activities, coordinating the efforts of team members to achieve an individual Patient Care Plan, in order to maximize function within the home, restoring health, or assisting a peaceful death. This position provides, coordinates, supervises and responsibly directs the activities of various levels of assigned nurses and ancillary personnel in the provision of patient care utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment